So you’ve decided to come to Ventura Recovery Center. Congratulations, this may be the best choice you’ll ever make. Wondering what to pack? What life will be like in treatment?
Don’t worry, We are very casual here in Southern California. Jeans, yoga pants and t-shirts are appropriate in most situations. Keep in mind that is gets chilly at night, so pack a light sweater or jacket. Bring enough clothes to last about 2 weeks. We have laundry facilities here, so that should be plenty.
• Something to sleep in that is proper in a coed setting
• Under garments
• Something to wear to the beach – modest bathing suit and beach sandals
• Loose fitting clothing for outdoor exercise activities
• Sneakers/ comfortable shoes for walking
• Modest comfortable everyday clothes (jeans, t-shirts, shorts)
• Light weight jacket
• Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
• Personal appliances – hair dryers, flat irons, tooth brushes etc.
• Books, magazines, leisure items
Make sure nothing you bring is offensive to others and all your toiletries are alcohol-free.
If you bring cash, checks, checkbooks, a passport, a laptop or cellphone, or anything worth over $100, we will place them in a safe and give them back to you when your treatment has completed.
• Treatment Fees Unless you made payment arrangements, payment in the form of a personal check, credit card transaction, cashier’s check or cash will be expected upon admission. If you pre-paid, please bring information on wire transfer transaction, check or any other payment sent prior to admission.
• Personal Spending Bring some extra money to buy extra daily things we all like to have like snacks, soft drinks or cigarettes
• Prescription Drugs co-payments If your insurance requires a copay, bring a credit card or additional funds in the amount of $500 to cover these charges.
Bring prescription medication dosage necessary during your travel plus one day. We will prescribe the medicine you need here. Insurance often won’t pay for refills past 30 days, so don’t refill your prescriptions before you get here. You will get a new medication claim for prescriptions ordered at Ventura Recovery Center and that may make you responsible for payment.
• Tight clothes, see-through clothes, mini skirts or short shorts are Inappropriate in a co-ed setting. T-shirts which have the refer to alcohol, drugs, or offensive phrases would also be inappropriate.
• Clothes that need to be dry-cleaned
• Anything that contains alcohol
• Nail polish, nail polish remover, or glue
• Weight loss pills, energy pills, caffeine products
• Pocket knives, utility knives or any kind of weapon
• Sexual or offensive items
• Anything worth $300 or more
This rehab is amazing, a very comfortable detox when i first came in then a smooth transition to sober living where i was able to have the freedoms to find myself and start my life again. I was able to get a job when the time was appropriate for me and my needs. Being here has showed me that living sober can actually be enjoyable. The staff have been in our same position so they can relate and be supportive when you might be in crisis. This place saved my life and my brother’s life. It truly is a great place to start your new life.
At Ventura Recovery Center, our mission is to help our clients find freedom from the grips of the relentless cycle of drug addiction and alcoholism. We are located in the quiet community of Thousand Oaks, just north of the Los Angeles area. We serve clients from the southern California region; Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange Counties as well as all around the country.
You can be free of the self-imposed prison of drug addiction and alcoholism. Let us help you.